September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards Empty September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards

Post by Molly 2014-08-27, 10:49 pm

It's a pretty simple concept: Change the server to a Duel Map/mode and then we'll have the tourney there. I already found a bracket maker for us at Challonge. It would be a best of 3 series all the way, and then after we would have duels + training.

Last edited by Molly on 2014-09-12, 7:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Molly
Molly
Dodge This

Back to top Go down

September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards Empty Re: September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards

Post by SkeeT 2014-08-28, 1:15 am

This would be a lot of fun IMO.

We need to schedule a time and figure out what map would work best.

IMO, the most fun / "best" maps for this would be:

VOTJ
JEDITEMPLE
KAMINO
UTAPAU

Eccentric suggestions - just to be different:
YAVIN4
DUNESEA (No Vehicle obviously lol)
ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN (Epic battles on the middle building's roof)
SkeeT
SkeeT
Jizzyballs O'Houlihan

Back to top Go down

September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards Empty Re: September 20 at 5pm EST: Saber Tourney with Duels Afterwards

Post by Molly 2014-08-28, 2:09 pm

Any time is pretty good for me, Yavin 4 might be interesting.
Molly
Molly
Dodge This

Back to top Go down

Post by LanceOfLonginus 2014-08-28, 9:03 pm

ravager, malak's cruiser bridge for maps
LanceOfLonginus
LanceOfLonginus
Ðivine Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeeT 2014-08-31, 5:42 pm

How does Saturday, September 13th sound?

Let's aim for around 3-5pm EST for the starting time. IMO 4:00-4:15pm EST would be the ideal time to show up for 'registration,' with 4:30pm EST being the official starting time for the tournament. If you miss registration, you can't participate obviously.
SkeeT
SkeeT
Jizzyballs O'Houlihan

Back to top Go down

Post by apex 2014-08-31, 6:49 pm

That date and time SHOULD work for me.

I don't really feel the maps matter as this is a dueling tournament, and the maps have nothing to do with dueling. For someone like me playing on a toaster, a lot of the maps cause really low FPS which then of course effects my ability to duel properly. Now of course there are some maps I can play just fine such as Jedi Temple, VOTJ, DotF, and a few others, but maps like Ravager etc I get lower frames on than open mode. I don't want to be a buzzkill but maps shouldn't really matter when it comes to dueling. Do as you please but figured I'd throw in my few cents.
apex
apex
The Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackRose 2014-08-31, 8:43 pm

skee's suggested date and time work for me aswell

as for maps , plz no jedi temple i lag like crazy on that map bridge more then anything

something simple like utapau or Dueldotf
BlackRose
BlackRose
Lolicon

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeeT 2014-08-31, 9:06 pm

I think duel_kamino would be the best pick, as there's more room to move around than say duel_utapau, but not enough room to move to the point where you can really 'run'. It's circular and it's a good place for a 1v1 duel. Also, I don't think it ruins anyone's FPS to the degree where that map is unplayable.

Another pick might be duel_revan, or perhaps (the name eludes me) what ever that one map is called where revan and malak duel.
SkeeT
SkeeT
Jizzyballs O'Houlihan

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly 2014-09-08, 3:54 pm

I've decided on a date and time, and the map will be duel_kamino.

Hope to see you guys there.
Molly
Molly
Dodge This

Back to top Go down

Post by apex 2014-09-08, 5:52 pm

I think you should possibly consider moving the time to either 4 or 5 PM EST. It's going to be Friday and I think if you bump the time up just a bit it will allow for more members to attend. People will either be working or at school. I think it would be a wise decision.
apex
apex
The Dark Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next